Program Dates and Fee:
Late January to Late April, 2022 | $5,500* (subject to change and does not include tuition and airfare. Additional $750 only for the SPAN 400: Service Learning course)
[Taught in Spanish]
- SPAN 275: Spanish Skills Review (online)
- SPAN 320: Introduction to Textual Analysis
- SPAN 333: Topics in Hispanic Cultures
- SPAN 328: Spanish Language Study Abroad
- SPAN 344: Advanced Grammar and Lexicon or SPAN 381: Introduction to Spanish Linguistics (depending on student demand)
- SPAN 400: Service Learning (Course online with service learning in Buenos Aires. Subject to an additional $750 fee)
- SPAN 300 Level (online)*
- SPAN 400 Level (online)*
*exact course TBD
[Taught in English]
- LACS 106: Introduction to Contemporary Argentina
Note: Students should meet with their academic advisors to verify which courses meet the requirements for their major or minor.
There are many opportunities for students while studying for the Spring semester in Buenos Aires. One of the program highlights is that students will live with Argentine families during their semester abroad. Living with families provides students a great opportunity to learn about Argentina daily life and culture.
This semester study abroad program in Buenos Aires, Argentina is designed for students who major or minor in Spanish, or who are interested in earning up to 12 credit hours of upper level Spanish; students who major or minor in Latin American and Caribbean Studies or International Studies; or for students from any academic discipline interested in developing fluency in Spanish.
Students must enroll in at least 12 hours (4 courses) while in Buenos Aires, to maintain their full-time student status at the College of Charleston.
You can view the promotional flyer here:
Dr. Carl Wise, Assistant Professor of Spanish, email@example.com
- Interested students must also have completed, or be currently registered in Spanish 202 prior to participating in the program.
- Students must have at least a 2.5 overall GPA.
- Students must either already possess a valid passport or be able to obtain a valid passport.
- SPAN 400: Service Learning course requires additional steps
Financing Study Abroad:
- In most cases, all of your normal financial aid applies.
- The Center for International Education offers scholarships from $500- $2,500. Eligibility is based on demonstrated financial need, academic merit, 2 faculty recommendations and a personal statement. Learn more here.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2021
Study Abroad 101 OAKS Course
Ready to learn more about studying abroad? Self-register for our Study Abroad 101 OAKS Course! Once you log into OAKS through MyCharleston, click on Self Register in the top right corner. Select Study Abroad 101 and review all of the modules and learn more about study abroad!