Program Dates and Fee:
June 4-June 18, 2022 | Program fee coming soon (will not include tuition or airfare)
Students take one the following courses:
- BIOL 250/250L: Field Studies in Coral Reef Biology (4 credits)
- BIOL 454/454L: Field Studies in Coral Reef Biology (4 credits)
Get introduced to the organismal biology, ecology, and conservation of the Caribbean coral reef ecosystem in the British Virgin Islands. On this program the emphasis is placed on field methods and labs, including SCUBA-based field experiments that provide hands-on experience and contribute to ongoing research projects. The program is conducted aboard an 80 foot Burger yacht that will serve as our new teaching and research platform. Each day the class sails to a new island in the archipelago to investigate and explore new habitats, and receive practical training in the nautical sciences and SCUBA that prepare them to be a competent member of a research crew or field team. More information regarding MANTA at: www.manta-online.org.
Please contact Dr. Rusty Day at email@example.com if you have any questions about this program.
Financing Summer Study Abroad:
- In-state residents pay the in-state tuition rate.
- Out-of-state residents pay the in-state tuition rate plus 30% for courses associated with summer study abroad programs.
- The Center for International Education offers scholarships from $500- $2,000. Eligibility is based on demonstrated financial need, academic merit, 2 faculty recommendations and a personal statement. Learn more here.
- You may be eligible for additional financial aid during the summer term.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2022
Study Abroad 101 OAKS Course
Ready to learn more about studying abroad? Self-register for our Study Abroad 101 OAKS Course! Once you log into OAKS through MyCharleston, click on Self Register in the top right corner. Select Study Abroad 101 and review all of the modules and learn more about study abroad!