Living like a Local by Lake Rucker

So far in Aix en Provence the food has been amazing.  There is multiple pastry choices from croissants and pain eu chocolats to eclairs and crepes but if I had to choose my favorite French sweet, it would be a macaron.  They come in different colors and flavors that I love all too much.  I have also lived like a local by going out and meeting new people. Making friends with the French locals has not only taught me more about the language and culture but also their overall way of life.  Living close to Cours Mirabeau has been very convenient.  Cours Mirabeau is it kind of the main street in the center of Aix, it also helps with making new friends because the majority of people that live in my building are French natives.  My apartment is also surprisingly much more spacious than I thought it would be.  I also have one roommate that is in the CEA program as well. On a typical day, my roommate and I both wake up pretty early and go to class! My classes usually last all day because they are art classes. I spend three hours a day working on multiple landscapes of France that we go out and see. It’s truly an amazing experience.