A Day in Paris by Savannah Petrelli

Here is my day as a study abroad student in Paris. First, I wake up in the morning and get ready for my day. I then walk down the street to my local bakery to get some breakfast. I always try to get new things every morning and my goal is to try everything in the bakery by the end of the semester. My favorite so far is the Viennoise au Chocolat. Let me tell you, French people know how to bake! Then I hop on the metro and go to class. The classes end at different times every day, but today I got out at 12pm. My friend and I decided to head to a café for some lunch and we ordered Croque-Monsieurs, a sandwich with melted cheese and ham.

Next we decided to check out a museum, so we headed towards the Rodin Museum where we got to see the famous statute “The Thinker.” Then we walked around the rest of the grounds and gardens and got to see some amazing artwork. After, we went back to our accommodations to chill until dinner.

For dinner, we decided to go to a local Bouillon. Bouillons are all throughout Paris and they were created as places where people could get quality food for a low price. They are often very busy, but also quick service. For dinner I decided to try escargots and I am happy I did. They were covered in butter and parsley and honestly tasted like shrimp to me. Then I also had duck confit that was so juicy and tender. Lastly, for dessert we had some profiteroles with chocolate sauce on top. After dinner, we decided to just walk around and enjoy the night together. It was a fun day in Paris!