Time in Paris by Edward Neal

I decided to take a trip by myself to Paris for a couple days, as my school schedule lined up where I only had classes for two days straight. I had never been to France before, so I was very excited to visit somewhere new! When I landed, I immediately got on the train through to Paris and I first stepped out when I was headed to my hostel. It was a special moment for me. Paris itself is such a beautiful city. There is so much there to do and see, it is almost like a fantasy land. I felt like I was in a dream the whole time! I stayed Wednesday and left Saturday. The first full day I just spent walking Paris. What a place! I remember seeing the Eiffel Tower for the first time, I could not really believe that it was there. As I got closer it was just unnaturally large, as if it had been placed there from some giant. The next day I spent more time along the Seine to check out these markets. I purchased some things I have very interested in such as a flag and some old French magazines and posters! I then also visited a friend of mine whom I had met online. She lives in Versailles and she took me on a tour of her city, and we went into the Palace of Versailles. The palace was wild. The architecture was very intricate and there was so much gilded work all within. I especially loved the paintings along the ceilings and some of the furniture, although most of it isn’t original. The last day I got up early and decided to do much. I went to the top of the Eiffel Tower after many lines: What a view! I was given some free champagne by some native Georgians and I just absorbed as much of the city as I could before I moved on. The next after lunch and various walking, I went down deep into the catacombs of Paris. They were exceedingly eerie but also very cool! Insane how we could treat human remains as such just to have them stacked on top of each other. All in one day I went to the Top of Paris and to the Bottom of Paris, yet there is still much out there I haven’t done! I hope I will get another chance to do just that.