Study Abroad in Bamberg, Germany by Erin Hauptmann

*(Previously written)*

Servus (Southern Germany Hello)!

My name is Erin Hauptmann, I am currently a College of Charleston Sophomore studying abroad in Bavaria, Germany at Otto Friedrich Universität Bamberg. I am majoring in both German and Supply Chain Management and minoring in Global Logistics and Transportation and German Studies. I started learning the language about 9 years ago as a way to reconnect with my heritage (Hauptmann is an extremely German last name). I have always wanted to participate in a study abroad program so I could be immersed not only in the language but also the culture. My biggest goals I have for myself during my time abroad is simply to learn, from in the classroom, everyday life, and the culture. I hope to really challenge myself with the German language by maintaining a strict no English policy! It’s a challenge for an opportunity of a lifetime. Another goal I have is to travel, there are so many places to see within such a short distance. The most important thing is to make the most out of my time here in Germany!

Bis zum nächsten Mal (Until next time)!