Reflecting on Study Abroad by Michaela Califano

It is sad to say that my study abroad experience was cut short. Though I am grateful that I was still able to experience Australia as much as possible. I went to Australia not knowing anyone else that was going, which I was excited about, yet it may be scary for some people but this was not a first for me. In the past, I have had great experiences going places solo and winded up have the most amazing time you could imagine. Australia was one to remember. During my time I met the most amazing people that I know will be forever friends of mine. With the little time we had I can for sure say that we made the most of it in every way possible. As soon as we got there we traveled right away booking last minute trips that turned out to be some of the most memorable weekends, we pushed one another out of our comfort zones. Something about going abroad is that everyone is just eager to explore and do fun things all the time. It is extremely unfortunate I was not able to experience the entire semester abroad with the people I met but I would not have changed it for the world.I am extremely thankful for the friends I have made and the experiences I’ve had with the little time I was there. I know that I am lucky to be able to even get to see the places that I have seen because many people are never able to experience that in their lifetime. It’s just heartbreaking when you expect to do so much more and it is just taken away. Not only has Australia has taught me so many unexplainable things but this entire situation has taught me a great amount too. Time is precious, take every opportunity you can because you never know what the next day will bring.