Weeks 13-15 in Innsbruck by Emmalee Reese

After a very busy May, I decided that June would just be for Innsbruck (for the most part). I love this town and I love these people. I can’t believe this is my last month here!

I have been taking it pretty easy the past few weeks. Hiking, exploring, enjoying. These lovely people pictured above are the the official “English Speakers of Uni United, Schützenstrasse chapter.” I love them, I’ll miss them.

We spend nights along the river, cook family dinners together, and check out events around town.

We went to Innsbruck Pride and made it to the top of Nodkette. There were late nights and early morning. Weeks like this are stress free and make me so grateful to be in this specific place, at this specific time.

On a note about school, I had an International Human Resources course. It was a great introduction in HR, I was happy to take it (and to get an A). There was also a visiting lecturer from CofC in town. She took all of the CofC students out to dinner. It was great to get to talk to the students who came for the Summer session and spend some more time with Mason and Abbi. Not to mention that by month four the budget gets pretty tight and a free meal is well received 🙂

How I’m Feeling: I feel like I’m recovering. I was feeling so tired from all my travels and quite a bit homesick. Taking it easy has certainly been the best thing I could have done for myself.

What’s Next: I have a quick weekend getaway to Palma De Mallorca coming up and then back in Innsbruck for the rest of the month!