Charleston Area Lifelong Learning (CALL) provides an opportunity to go back into a classroom with your peers, to facilitate a class or just to learn. It’s a great way to make new friends.
You can choose to be on either side of the desk as experts share a lifetime of knowledge and experience with their peers.
Fall 2021 CALL Courses
Will begin in October. Visit this page in September for a list of classes.
(Course length varies from 1 to 6 weeks)
Some will be in-person at the Riley Center and some will be virtual.
Who We Are:
The Charleston Academy for Lifelong Learning (CALL) is a program offered by the College of Charleston Center for Creative Retirement.
- Our classes are peer-to-peer and meet online and/or in person at the College of Charleston’s Riley Center for Livable Communities, 176 Lockwood Boulevard, Charleston. Parking is plentiful and free.
- Courses are online, in person, or a hybrid, i.e., a combination of both.
- Classes meet weekly for anything from one to six weeks and are 90 minutes each, unless otherwise specified in the course description.
- CALL offers fall, winter, and summer terms.
- CALL participants pay $5 per course (a token amount to cover costs during the current pandemic).
- Participants may register for any or all the courses offered that term. They will receive a confirmation with the time, place and a parking permit. If the course is offered online, they will also receive a Zoom link to that class.
- As a peer-to-peer lifelong learning organization, we are always looking for facilitators with an interest or passion to share. We are now looking for a wide variety of courses for our Winter Term (Feb/Mar).
Registration is secure and online at https://secure.touchnet.com/C20590_ustores/web/store_main.jsp?STOREID=80. If you have any registration questions, email us at CAforLifelongLearning@gmail.com
More information and links to CALL Registration are online at https://blogs.cofc.edu/ccr/lifelong-learning/
CALL is also on Facebook at
CALL Committee Chair Diana Barth can be reached at CAforLifelongLearning @gmail.com The Riley Center for Livable Communities can be reached at (843)953-6103.
You do not have to be a member of CCR to take CALL classes. You can also reserve a spot in a class by mailing CAforLifelongLearning@gmail.com, completing payment and registration on the first day of class. Everyone who registers will receive an emailed confirmation.
If you want to be a part of the CALL committee, are interested in facilitating a class for future terms, or just want to ask a question, Email CAforlifelonglearning@gmail.com or CALL Coordinator Diana Barth at firstname.lastname@example.org.