header image

Division Spotlight: Cheryl Connor

Posted by: Jennifer Stevens | December 3, 2014 | No Comment |

cherylconnor1

Cheryl Connor, Copy Center

Briefly describe your role.

I am the manager of the Copy Center.

What is the function of your department?

The Copy Center supports the College campus in their printing needs. We produce brochures, course packets, annual reports, flyers, posters, letters, postcards, handbills and a variety of other materials to meet the needs of the faculty, staff, and students at the College. Typically we can complete orders within a 24 hour period, which makes our customers happy – and that makes me happy.

How long have you been working at the College?

As of this summer, I have been employed here for 30 fabulous years.

What brought you to the College?

CHARLESTON! I relocated to Charleston in 1984. I was hired as a temporary employee, which finally lead to a permanent position and haven’t looked back since.

What do you like most about your job?

Making my customers happy! This means fulfilling their order accurately and in a timely manner. Each time someone picks up an order they are appreciative for what we have done to make their day a bit easier. We are here to serve and support the faculty, staff and students and the fact that our contribution is valued is extremely rewarding.

What are some of your favorite memories from the College?

WOW, there are so many, but my favorite memories are the crazy busy times at the beginning of semesters. We get so busy and are pulled from many angles to make everyone’s request a priority, I love the crazy and sometimes I am amazed at what we can get printed and out the door in a day.

What are your hobbies and interests?

Anything with my dogs! Camping, kayaking, hiking, walking on the beach…

What is something that your colleagues would be surprised to learn about you?

I brake for YARD SALES! I love finding treasures. My weekends are spent at yard sales, thrift shops, estate sales, and flea markets. It is so cool to find unique things or things you can repurpose.

under: Business Affairs, Division Spotlight
Tags: , ,

Leave a response -

Your response:

Categories