header image

Division Spotlight: Kenneth Greene

Posted by: Jennifer Stevens | February 26, 2014 | No Comment |

kennethgreene

Kenneth Greene, Mail Services

Briefly describe your role.

I manage the daily operations of Mail Services with the proper handling and distribution all incoming and outgoing mail and parcels to the College community.

What is the function of your department?

We provide mail services for the students, faculty, and staff at the College. For all faculty and staff members, we receive and deliver all mail to all departmentally assigned desktop locations on a daily basis and process all metered outgoing mail. For students, we receive and process all student mail and parcels for pickup for all on-campus students. I consider us the “life line” of the university.

How long have you been working at the College?

18 years.

What brought you to the College?

I was recruited by a former Mail Services employee to help out only during the summer of 1995 that subsequently landed me a full-time job after the fall semester began due to a turn over with staffing of student employment. During the last 18 years, I have worked in numerous positions; Temporary Postal Clerk, Postal Specialist, Supervisor, Assistant Director, and finally, Director of Mail Services.

What do you like most about your job?

There has never been a dull moment in Mail Services. I look forward to hearing the many stories from students every day.

What are some of your favorite memories from the College?

Move-in weekend. Every year I have been amazed by what some students ship ahead of time. When students come in to get their belongings, I always ask them this question, “And where do you think this is going to fit.” And the responses are usually, “I don’t know”, “my parents bought this”, or “it looked smaller online.”

What are your hobbies and interests?

Fishing and spending time with family and friends.

What is something that your colleagues would be surprised to learn about you?

I couldn’t swim if my life depended on it, but I’ll be the first one on the boat!

under: Business Affairs, Division Spotlight
Tags: , , ,

Leave a response -

Your response:

Categories