Umphrey’s Mcgee + Sound Tribe Sector 9

On August 24th in Alpharetta, GA at Verizon Amphitheater, I went to see Umphrey’s McGee & Sound Tribe Sector 9 play a concert for about 10,000 people. This show was the 8th of the bands joint tour, STS9 headlining this particular night. Each band is known for their own brands of high energy rock ‘n roll fusion.

umphmcgeeAnother aspect of their live performances that both bands are known for is their extravagant light shows. This night was no exception and in a huge amphitheater like Verizon the light shows were nothing short of amazing. Although I personally prefer UM, it was a refreshing change of pace for me to see STS9 hold it down for the second set. A live video released by UM displays the intricacy of their lights as well as the relevancy of the band. In today’s age it is important to keep up with social media & keep fans entertained even at home. By releasing free videos as well put together as the one attached, any fans yet to attend one of their live shows are immediately enticed. I would 100% recommend the show for anyone who enjoys rock music.