header image

Advising Tip of the Month: May 2009

Posted by: Mary C. Bergstrom | April 28, 2009 Comments Off on Advising Tip of the Month: May 2009 |

Credit for Courses at Another Institution

Thinking about taking some summer courses at home?   Worried about whether or not the credits will transfer to the College of Charleston?  Not sure how they will be credited?  Here are instructions to find out!

A degree candidate at the College of Charleston who wishes to receive College of Charleston credit for courses at another institution must submit the Coursework Elsewhere form to the Registrar’s Office (located on the second floor of the Lightsey Center). Click on this link for a copy of the Coursework Elsewhere form:  Coursework Elsewhere Form  Remember: To use the Coursework Elsewhere form you must have 87 hours or less (Hours Earned + Currently Enrolled Hours + Requested Hours must = < 87 hours).  Rising seniors ( > 87 hours) must complete the Senior Year Petition: Senior Petition Form

Official permission to take coursework elsewhere is reflected via Cougar Trail through the Transfer Credit link.

If you are required to submit proof of permission (transient permission) in order to register at another institution as a transient student, submit the Transient Permission letter: Transient Permission Letter and attach a printed copy of your approved transfer credit on Cougar Trail.

For more information on transferring courses, including of list of transferable courses from two year SC schools, please see the Registrar’s website: http://www.cofc.edu/~register/courseinfo_transfercredits.htm .

under: Advising Tip of the Month

Comments are closed.


Skip to toolbar