Company: City of Savannah
Location: Savannah, GA
This position is responsible for the creation and coordination of marketing activities designed to increase public awareness and participation in the City’s Cultural Resources and Community Services programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Produces general marketing materials, including seasonal activity guides, quarterly newsletters, monthly e-newsletters, television programs, and the Web site content.
- Markets cultural activities produced by the department via broadcast, print, internet, direct marketing, and outreach.
- Implements strategic plans for department marketing and outreach activities.
- Coordinates, manages, and markets festivals and other events produced by the department.
- Negotiates department contractual agreements with various media outlets, contractors, artists and other professionals.
- Supports the marketing of cultural activities funded by the department.
- Generates press releases; monitors media coverage; maintains press clips; compiles data on coverage received.
- Compiles and maintains mailing/contact lists of various target audiences for marketing and PR purposes.
- Organizes and maintains photo and video files for department.
- Plans and implements overall marketing goals, plans, and budgets.
- Tracks various marketing and cultural activity expenditures.
- Compiles and maintains images of events produced to support future marketing purposes.
- Attends department sponsored events and activities, takes photos and video, conducts interviews and prepares stories and reports to highlight activities.
- Coordinates, compiles and researches data for local arts projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, English, Mass Communications, Business or Public administration; and two (2) years of marketing, public relations, mass communications, or promotion of public programs experience.
Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license with an acceptable driving history.
Work Location: 201 Montgomery St. ; Work Hours: Varies
Background investigation, including supervised drug screen, post offer/pre-employment medical screen; and verification of education, certifications, and licenses required prior to employment.
- Knowledge of printing and mailing processes.
- Knowledge of event planning processes.
- Knowledge of media relations, press styles, and journalistic procedures.
- Knowledge of marketing procedures, market analysis, and target marketing.
- Knowledge of the local market.
- Knowledge of public speaking and presentation preparation.
- Knowledge of database creation, maintenance, and utilization.
- Knowledge of Web site design and maintenance.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, scanning, and page layout programs.
- Knowledge of photography, scanning, and digital imaging.
- Knowledge of copyright, liability, sunshine, and anti-spam laws.
- Skill in time management, budgeting, planning, and coordination.
- Skill in graphic design.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in the use of computers and other standard office equipment.
- Skill in oral and written communication.