Location: Charlotte, NC
At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients.
We thank you for your interest in joining the Barings team, and invite you to explore our current employment opportunities.
Title: Investment Writer (Content Specialist)
Location: Charlotte, NC
Barings is a $335+ billion* global asset management firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients. We build lasting partnerships that leverage our distinctive expertise across traditional and alternative asset classes to deliver innovative solutions and exceptional service. Part of MassMutual, Barings maintains a strong global presence with over 2,100 associates and offices in 18 countries. Learn more at www.barings.com.
1as of September 30, 2019
Barings is seeking an Investment Writer to join its Global Marketing team. This individual will be tasked with creating investment-related white papers, Q&A’s, sponsored articles, videos, podcasts, blog posts, social media posts and a variety of other monthly and quarterly investment commentaries. The goal is to become a true content specialist-helping Barings’ investment teams tell their stories and express their views across a variety of platforms-and to work with the broader marketing team to launch new, modern ways to communicate with external audiences.
- Write/produce investment-related content for external audiences including pension funds, insurance companies, consultants and other institutional and wealth channel clients (and potential clients) of Barings
- Become an expert in multiple asset classes, working closely with portfolio managers and product specialists to express ideas effectively and to a variety of external audiences
- Work closely with investment teams, sales, compliance, design, web development and other key stakeholders across the U.S., Europe and Asia to guide content from the idea stage to the finished product
- Experience producing financial content, with experience writing across Fixed Income, Equities, Real Estate and Alternatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or Finance/Economics strongly preferred
- Professional-quality writing skills (3 samples required), and strong verbal communication skills
- A positive attitude and a high level of professionalism
- Attention to detail/accuracy-oriented
- Self-motivated, hard worker and eager to learn
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking and organization skills
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.