Job Ad: Communications Officer, Coastal Community Foundation
- To apply, submit a resume, cover letter and essay response to the question listed below.
- Why do you want to work for Coastal Community Foundation?
- Please submit materials to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format by Monday, December 3, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. for consideration.
- Position Description and Requirements
- Hired By: Executive Vice President
- Pay range: $51,000-$60,000
- Reports To: Executive Vice President (EVP)
- Status: Exempt, Full-Time Employee
The Communications Officer collaborates with colleagues across Coastal Community Foundation (CCF) and its supporting organizations to implement and monitor the organization’s communications strategy. The Communications Officer works to elevate CCF and its supporting organizations’ brands and increase stakeholder understanding of and engagement in CCF’s work.
The Communications Officer will agree with and demonstrate respect for the Foundation’s belief that “diversity” means the active inclusion of the entire community as welcomed participants in all Foundation activities; support the Foundation’s practice of encouraging diversity, equity and inclusiveness as the cornerstones of all that the Foundation does.
Communications & Marketing Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing consistent brand identity, positioning and key messages, as well as communicating these items to Staff and Board.
- Create and manage editorial calendar to implement the foundation’s communications strategy across digital channels, publications, media opportunities, events, speaking engagements and other communications opportunities.
- Create annual communications and marketing plan in collaboration with the Leadership Team and the Communications and Marketing Committee.
- Collaborate with Staff members to source relevant content for all CCF’s and its supporting organizations’ communications.
- Set theme, write copy and secure content for CCF’s and its supporting organizations’ print newsletters.
- Serve as lead website editor and create, edit, review, and publish fresh and relevant content to CCF and WCF’s websites.
- Monitor digital and print communications to track performance and determine the strategic impact of communications work.
- Maintain CCF Style Guide to communicate the voice, culture and brand guidelines of the organization in a way that is accessible to all staff members.
- Act as spokesperson for CCF as needed in print media, TV, radio and community meetings.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all media inquiries and assist staff for media interactions as needed.
- Maintain comprehensive media list of local/regional/industry contacts while building relationships with key media contacts.
- Work with the Leadership Team to prepare for speaking engagements, collaborate on written content, create messaging for key events/news, etc.
Staff and Volunteer Management
Develop annual Communications budget for CCF and affiliate organizations as needed. Monitor marketing/communications-related activities in accordance to the budget.
Manage the Communications and Marketing Committee. Prepare meeting topics and dates in conjunction with group chair, recruit and steward volunteers and consult with members as needed on marketing/communications projects.
- Update and maintain Communications policies as needed.
- Maintain image archive and CCF historical timeline.
- Work on special projects as needed, including but not limited to: awareness campaigns, video production, major website development, etc.
- Assist donors, Board members, grantees, Professional Advisors, and the public in a courteous, helpful, and respectful manner.
- Provide rapid responses with a target of one working business day (or less) turn around on questions and requests for information.
Knowledge, skills, experience, and education needed
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, branding, marketing, publishing, design or a related field and 4 years of relevant experience.
- An affinity for philanthropy and the social sector.
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into language easily comprehensible to diverse audiences.
- Excellent advanced writing and editing skills required.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills required.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with proven success handling overlapping deadlines.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Lightroom), WordPress or similar web platform, Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint and Word) required.
- Video editing capability and photography skills a plus.
- Articulate, polished, and professional demeanor with strong work ethic, initiative, and confidence.
- Team player with ability to work collaboratively with diverse staff at all levels.
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter and essay response to the question listed below.
1. Why do you want to work for Coastal Community Foundation?
Please submit materials to email@example.com in PDF format by Monday, December 3, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. for consideration.