WGS and our co-sponsors are delighted to announce a workshop hosted by Moss the Doula entitled: Gender Affirming Birth Work for CofC Students. This is a great learning resource for CofC students, and we hope to see you there!
Topics will include:
- Context for what trans & queer families experience on the perinatal journey
- Gender non-assuming language for gestation and birth related topics
- Creating a trans-affirming resources & referrals lists
- Supporting a client when they’re being misgendered
- Myths & misinformation about trans-specific reproductive issues
Moss Froom is a nonbinary birth worker and educator living in Baltimore, MD. Moss offers trans and queer centered support services for people at all stages of their reproductive and family building journeys, and teaches other birth workers and healthcare providers how to provide support that’s affirming and celebratory of trans and queer families.