Celebrate International Pronouns Day 2022 with us! Community, candy, and crafts for all!
A previous year’s blog post included some slides to help folx learn more about what pronouns are, how they’re used, and why they’re important. View that post here: https://blogs.cofc.edu/wgsconnect/2020/10/21/pronouns-day-2020/.
From the International Pronouns Day website:
International Pronouns Day seeks to make respecting, sharing, and educating about personal pronouns commonplace.
Referring to people by the pronouns they determine for themselves is basic to human dignity. Being referred to by the wrong pronouns particularly affects transgender and gender nonconforming people. Together, we can transform society to celebrate people’s multiple, intersecting identities.
Interested in participating? Glean some ideas from International Pronouns Day. Some of our favorite ideas and tips include:
- Use the #PronounsDay hashtag on social media posts
- Remember to center the voices of trans folks, including trans folks, women, people of color, etc.
- Invite members of the community to individually share resources and thoughts on social media about the importance of using the correct pronouns for people.
- Post your own pronouns on social media.
- Create a poster campaign on your campus or at your workplace, with educational messages.