WGS and our co-sponsors are delighted to announce a workshop hosted by Moss the Doula entitled: Gender Affirming Reproductive Healthcare For Faculty, Staff, & Community. This is a great learning resource for CofC faculty and staff as well as community members in the Charleston area.
Topics will include:
- Context for what trans & queer families experience on the perinatal journey
- Common use terms & definitions for trans identities & experiences
- Gender non-assuming language for gestation and birth related topics
- Best practices for adapting perinatal support practice to a gender affirming model
- Time and space to practice and ask questions
Moss Froom is a nonbinary birth worker and educator living in Baltimore, MD. Moss offers trans and queer centered support services for people at all stages of their reproductive and family building journeys, and teaches other birth workers and healthcare providers how to provide support that’s affirming and celebratory of trans and queer families.