Smithsonian American Women’s History Initiative – This summer, be a part of a transformational experience that goes beyond just another internship. Through hands-on activities and original research, you will contribute to a national effort to share a diversity of women’s voices from the past and present. You will learn to use unique tools for civic engagement and representation in museum and other community spaces. You will develop familiarity and experience with museum practice and American women’s history.
- Who? Undergraduate and recent graduates with a commitment to women’s history
- What? Eight-week long cohort internship experience, with paid group housing, reimbursable travel to and from Washington D.C., and a weekly $382.50 stipend. The total value of this internship, including the weekly stipend and the paid group housing, is $6,300 (not including travel reimbursement).
- Where? Smithsonian Institution, Washington D.C.
- When? June 14 – August 8, 2020
- Why? Opportunity to explore various career paths, networks, leadership and mentorship experiences, and build practical professional skills.
- Application deadline: Be advised that this application will close on will close at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on either: (A) Sunday, March 15, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time or (B) The date that 350 applications are received; whichever occurs first. If the announcement closes on the date that 350 applications are received, all applications submitted by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time that day will be given consideration, including those in excess of 350.
- APPLY NOW: https://womenshistory.si.edu/news/2020/02/paid-summer-internship-application-now-open