Making Changes in Software Applications Installed on Classroom/Lab Computers
Prior to the beginning of each semester at the College, Information Technology (IT) updates/adds software applications on the computers in smart classrooms, computer classrooms and in the Library Student Computing Center. This service is designed to support the changing instructional needs of the faculty.
If you would like to request a change in the applications currently loaded on computers used by you or your students, please send a work order request to Helpdesk (3-3375) or at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
1. Name of contact person
2. Name of the software package
3. Software license and/or serial number
- For installation of textbook software on multiple computers, check to see if you must obtain written permission from the Publisher. This will be stated on the license. We can not proceed without this documentation.
4. Software location
- On the web – Include the link in your work order request
- On a CD – Submit a COPY of the original software media installation disk to Goffery Davis, 322 JC Long Bldg. IT will retain this copy for maintenance and future installation requests.
5. Location of the installation (classroom/lab)
6. Date the software is needed (if other than the beginning of the semester)
7. Any additional information that you believe is pertinent to the installation.
To assure installation of software for the beginning of a semester, the deadlines are:
Semester Needed Request Must Be Received by
Spring December 1
Summer Sessions May 1
Fall July 1
If you have any questions, please contact:
Goffery Davis, System Support Specialist
email@example.com | 953-5229
Blogged with Flock