Akindi is a testing application that can be used for online tests but is most often used to create, scan and grade bubble sheet (Scantron-style) tests.
With Akindi you can . . .
- print and scan your bubble sheets from any multifunction printer/scanner
- have the results sent directly from most printers to Akindi for scoring
- have the scores submitted automatically to OAKS’ grade book
- check the validity of your questions and assessments with comprehensive reports
- create multiple versions of a test, set points at the question level, create multi-select questions as well as bonus question and even assign partial credit.
- Give online exams.
Watch the Getting Started Video to learn more or read the steps below.
Use Akindi with OAKS
Akindi is integrated with our learning management system and therefore, grades can be automatically sent to the OAKS gradebook.
Notice to faculty with crosslisted courses in OAKS: Crosslisted courses currently cannot import complete rosters to Akindi. This problem does not prevent faculty from using Akindi, but it does prevent faculty from uploading grades from Akindi directly to the OAKS gradebook. Faculty can still use Akindi to grade the response sheets which will allow faculty to enter graded response sheets manually.
Notice to Content Assistants and Grading Assistants: these roles are not granted access to the OAKS gradebook and as such cannot have rosters in OAKS synced with Akindi nor can they send grades to OAKS.
Use Akindi on it's Own, Without OAKS
Akindi can be used on its own to scan and grade bubble-sheet tests.
Sending Graded Sheets Back to Students
Once your Akindi tests are graded you can send the graded bubble sheets back to students via email with the click on one button.
- You can access this feature from the Assessment > View Results screen in Akindi
- Once there, click More Actions > Email Students Their Grades
- This will email a PDF of the graded bubble-sheet to the appropriate student (note: you must have the student’s email in your Akindi Roster)
Adjusting Students' Grades
How to curve results and add marks to the assessment results in order to improve the average.
Akindi for Online Tests
In response to everyone going online, Akindi (our bubble sheet scanning application) has created new features that allow you do use the program in your online class. This option is great for quizzes, tests, and exams that are time consuming to recreate online such as those with music notes, math formulas, etc.
NOTE: Akindi does not offer all of the anti-cheating features available in OAKS.