Socrative is a great tool for collecting immediate feedback from students via mobile apps or the internet on laptops or tablets. With Socrative teachers gather assessments via short answer, multiple choice and/or true or false questions. Socrative auto-grades multiple choice quizzes. All quizzes can be exported to Excel or viewed online in a Google spreadsheet.
Besides quizzes, teachers can create:
- Review Games: Space Race
- Before a unit test, revisit an existing quiz in a fast-paced game. As students answer questions correctly, their rocket ship advances towards a finish line.
- Single Question Activities
- Teachers can poll the class with an opening question and display the live results to illicit discussion.
- Exit Tickets to quickly assess understanding at the end of class. Formative assessment can inform what needs to be retaught before continuing with the unit.
Benefits of Using Socrative:
- Engages students through the use of technology
- Quick response from formative assessments
- Exit tickets to check student understanding before the end of class
- Games to track performance while playing
- Multiple choice quizzes auto-graded
- Quizzes can be exported
- Up to 50 students logged in at one time per room
- Accessible from multiple devices (iOS/Android app, smartphone, laptop, tablet)
Application: Socrative https://b.socrative.com/
Tutorial Type: Text-based
Platform: Online, cloud-based
Price: Free version and a paid version. To view that features of the paid version, visit https://www.socrative.com/plans/
Tutorials: Advice and Answers from Socrative https://help.socrative.com/en/