RescueTime is a web app for productivity and time management. RescueTime allows you to see how your time is spent and what areas you are focused on throughout the day. A small application is installed on your computer that tracks the websites and software that are actually being used throughout the day. At the end of the day, you receive a detailed report of how your day was spent, allowing you to better understand your daily habits so that you can maximize productivity.
In addition to tracking your productivity throughout the day, RescueTime allows you to:
- Set alerts so that you are notified when you have spent a certain amount of time on an activity
- Log highlights
- Block distracting websites for a certain period of time so that you can focus
- Set goals and measure the amount of time spent on a particular activity
- Increased personal accountability
- Increased productivity
- Better time management
- Measurement of engagement and workload
Tutorial by Steve Dotto with dottotech.
PC or Mac
RescueTime Lite is free. RescueTime Premium has advanced features and controls and costs $9 per month or $72 per year.