RescueTime is a web app and personal challenge to help you become more productive. The app will record your own electronic productivity and time management data to provide focused lessons and exercises so that you can learn what you are spending time on and how to instead, spend time being more productive. There are also ways to log offline work. A small application is installed on your computer that tracks the websites and software that are actually being used throughout the day. At the end of the day, you receive a detailed report of how your day was spent, allowing you to better understand your daily habits so that you can maximize productivity.
In addition to tracking your productivity throughout the day, RescueTime allows you to:
- Set alerts so that you are notified when you have spent a certain amount of time on an activity
- Log highlights
- Block distracting websites for a certain period of time so that you can focus
- Set goals and measure the amount of time spent on a particular activity
- Increased personal accountability
- Increased productivity
- Better time management
- Measurement of engagement and workload
- Also contains team functions for individual, personal monitoring but self reported to your team.
PC or Mac
RescueTime Lite is free. Other plans start at $6.50 a month and go up to $99 per member for team plans.