Step-by-Step Video Tutorial
Click the line icon in the upper left corner of the video to play individual videos in the playlist
The Discussions tool is a collaboration area to post, read, and reply to threads on different topics, share thoughts about course materials, ask questions, share files, or work with your peers on assignments and homework. Using the Discussion tool, you can:
- encourage users to share thoughts on course material with their peers
- set up forums for users to ask questions
- pose a question for the class to debate
- discuss the answers to an assignment
- create forums for groups to work on group assignments
- DISCUSSION: CREATING FORUMS AND TOPICS — Learn how to add discussion forums, for organization, and topics, for discussion posts.
- DISCUSSION: COMPOSING AND REPLYING TO THREADS — Learn how to compose and reply to discussion threads.
- DISCUSSION: MODERATING AND APPROVING THREADS — Learn how to hold student posts for moderation and how to approve these posts.
- DISCUSSION: ASSESSING TOPICS — Learn how to assess discussion posts.
Faculty interested in OAKS DISCUSSION might also be interested in: