FACULTY TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE 2013
Applications for the 2013 edition of the FTI are now closed.
This year, our Faculty Technology Institutes focus on Engaging the #TechGeneration. Our intention is to deliver sound pedagogical practices, demonstrate technological tools, showcase experiences from CofC faculty, and provide a forum for open discussion. In other words, our goals are to further the discussion and pedagogy revolving around what it means to teach, connect, and engage with our current CofC students.
The Teaching, Learning and Technology (TLT) Department will be conducting two Faculty Technology Institutes. Both FTIs will cover the same content.
- Spring FTI [Completed] – scheduled March 4-8, 2013 (Spring Break).
- Summer FTI – scheduled May 20-24, 2013. The application deadline was April 12th, 2013.
All participants will receive a $520 stipend and an iPad. The iPad supplements the instruction allowing attendees to put what they’ve learned into practice after the completion of the FTI.
As past FTI participants will attest, this intensive workshop is both challenging and rewarding. The FTI is purposely designed to question instructional practices and push the technological abilities of the participants. And like any rigorous endeavor, there are some fundamental expectations of all participants:
- Approach the instructional practices with an open mind.
- Attend one iPad Orientation Session prior to the actual FTI. (Each orientation session is 60 minutes in length and are scheduled two weeks prior to the FTI.)
- Attend all sessions and complete all of the out-of-class assignments. (FTI Sessions are held from 8:30am to 4:00pm Monday – Friday. Out-of-class assignments require approximately 1 hour or more to complete)
- Complete the 1-1-1 Commitment.
Just as CofC Faculty have high expectations for their students (attendance, participation, and assignment completion), TLT’s expectations are no different.
Apply for Summer 2013
The Summer 2013 application is no longer available. Please stay tuned for the next installment in 2014.
A tentative agenda is available to help you decide if this FTI is right for you.
PAST FTI AGENDAS