The Nu Zeta Chapter of Sigma Delta Pi, the National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society, received two national awards during the Society’s Triennial Convention on July 8, 2016 in Miami, Florida. Nu Zeta was among 13 of the 611 chapters of Sigma Delta Pi nationwide to receive the Honor Chapter award for outstanding activities executed during the 2015-16 academic year. This was the 6th consecutive year that the College of Charleston received this prestigious recognition. In addition, CofC’s chapter was granted the Octavio Paz Award for maintaining Honor Chapter status each year during the 2013-16 triennium. Drs. Carmen Grace and Susan Divine of Hispanic Studies are Nu Zeta’s chapter advisers, and along with past student chapter president Olivia Ghiz, they are greatly responsible for these national awards.
- Hispanic Studies Student Focus, September 2023: Mauricio Moreno García
- Hispanic Studies Faculty Focus, September 2023: Dr. Joseph Weyers
- HispaCasts, Episode 16 (February 17, 2023) Alumnus Danny Pasko (Class of 2007)
- HispaCasts, Episode 15 (October 12, 2022) Alumnus Levi Vonk (Class of 2013)
- HispaCasts, Episode 14 (September 14, 2022) Poet Tino Villanueva
Tag Cloudalmuni Antonio Pérez-Núñez CofC Hispanic Studies CofC Research CofC students College of Charleston Department of Hispanic Studies Dept of Hispanic Dr. Carrillo Arciniega Dr. Christina García Dr. Joseph R. Weyers Dr. Mark P. Del Mastro Dr. Michael A. Gómez Dr. Ricard Viñas-de-Puig Dr. Sarah Owens Dr. Susan Divine Dr. Vicki Garrett HIspaCasts Hispanic Studies alumni Hispanic Studies Faculty Hispanic Studies Student Focus HISP Faculty Focus HISP faculty news Lauren Hetrovicz Professor Devon Hanahan Raúl Carrillo Arciniega Sigma Delta Pi students Study Abroad Trujillo