header image

Alumni Spotlight: Kristina Poston (ANTH ’10)

Posted by: tillilied | August 6, 2015 | No Comment |

What have you been doing since you graduated?
Since graduating in 2010 I have worked with University of South Carolina at the Topper site, Texas A&M at the Debrah L. Friedkin Site and the Coates-Hines site as well as contract archaeology with Amec Foster Wheeler Environment and Engineering.

What is your current position?
I am now working as an Archaeologist at James Madison’s Montpelier home in Orange, Virginia.

What advice would you offer to new students at the College of Charleston who are thinking of declaring a major in Anthropology?                                        Poston, Kristina
Be open minded and be adaptable. It will open your world to many different ideas and opportunities if you give it a chance.

What advice would you offer to students graduating from the College of Charleston with a degree in Anthropology?
Again be open minded and be adaptable. CofC has given you the ground work but it is up to you to go out and make it useful.

What was your most memorable learning experience in Anthropology?
My internship with Colonial Dorchester. I really enjoyed getting involved with the public and teaching them about Archaeology.

What unexpected benefits have you derived from a degree in Anthropology?
To really appreciate the unique and different in all forms of life.

What class did you most enjoy while earning your degree at the College of Charleston?
It would be hard to pick just one. I would have to say that field school was my favorite. Getting to work on the Walled City project with the Charleston Museum was a phenomenal experience!

What class was the most applicable to your everyday life now that you’ve graduated? 
Historic preservation and Field school are really fundamentals that I return to on a daily basis.

What made you choose the College of Charleston over other schools?
I was really attracted to the way the Anthropology/Archaeology programs are set up. I thought it would give me a more well-rounded experience in Archaeology and I believe it really has.

under: Alumni Spotlight

Leave a response -

Your response:

Categories