General Information & Resource Sites
- Games in Higher Education: When Halo2, Civilization IV, and Xbox 360 Come to Campus
- HistoryTeachers YouTube Channel
Very well produced music videos (using modern music) featuring events and people in history. Fun way to get background on and get inspired to learn history.
- History in the Movies
This site is for everyone who loves historical films: epics, biopics, period pieces, and true-life stories, but who also wants to know: Did it really happen that way?
Using Simulation & Games to Enhance Teaching History
- Play the Past
dedicated to thoughtfully exploring and discussing the intersection of cultural heritage (very broadly defined) and games/meaningful play (equally broadly defined).
- Historical Simulations in the Classroom
A repository for theory, research , and implementations of simulation games for history education. Look here for links to current research, online and hard copy video games, and some introductory theoretical work.
Specific Games that are Used in Teaching History Topics
- –Civilization V
- –Civilization (for education)
- –Civilization Fanatics Center
- –Civilization IV World Builder Manual & Other Needful Things
- Napoleon Total War
- Rome Total War
- Medieval Total War
American Civil War
Ireland and Irish Americans