Before attempting the manual setup below, try our automated wireless setup tool. If our setup tool is unable to connect you, follow the steps below to connect your Windows XP computer to cofc-secure, the College’s campuswide network. We have tried to make these instructions as explicit as possible, but when in doubt, simply make sure your settings look just like they do in our screenshots below.
- From the desktop, double-click on the wireless icon on the taskbar.
- In the wireless network connection window, click Change advanced settings.
- Click Add.
- Enter the network name, cofc-secure (all lowercase). Select WPA2 and AES as shown below, then click on the Authentication tab.
- On the authentication tab, select Protected EAP (PEAP) and uncheck all checkboxes, then click Properties
- In the Protected EAP Properties window, uncheck Validate server certificate, then click Configure.
- In the EAP MSCHAPv2 properties window that appears, uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password and click OK.
- In the Protected EAP Properties window, click OK.
- In the Wireless Network Connection Properties window, click Advanced.
- In the Advanced window, select Access point (infrastructure) networks only and click Close.
- In the Wireless Network Connection Properties window, click OK.
- On the desktop, wait for a Wireless Network Connection bubble to appear above the taskbar, then click on it. If the bubble does not appear, restart the computer.
- Enter your MyCharleston username and password and click OK. Leave the Domain field blank.
Once you enter your credentials, you should connect within a few moments if you are in range.