Looking for on-campus work? Student Computing is seeking students for part-time positions at the Addlestone Library’s Information Desk and our new satellite location at the Education Center Atrium.
Student employees are responsible for answering basic computing questions: how to use the College’s wi-fi, how to print from your laptop, how to utilize a feature in Microsoft Office, etc. Prior experience is helpful, but training is provided.
If you’ve got good customer service skills and are interested in working 10–16 hours a week, apply now! Log in with your g.cofc.edu account to apply. This position is open to currently enrolled College of Charleston students only.
The college is transitioning to a new print management system. While the overall concept remains the same, there are several things that are different about it compared to the system that we used to use.
You will need to be familiar with some of the changes outlined below to use the new system. As always, if you need assistance, please ask at the information desk and we will assist you.
Addlestone Lab Printing
- You must log in as yourself on the computer to print. If the computer is already logged in from someone else using it, log them out and log in as yourself.
- The system will no longer ask for your credentials when you send a print job because it uses the fact that you are logged into the computer to identify you. This means that if you sit down at an already logged in computer and send a print job, you won’t be able to release it because that print job is not linked to your account.
- Print to the queue named ‘CofC-Cloudprint‘. ‘SingleSided‘ and ‘DoubleSided‘ queues no longer exist.
- To print double sided copies, you must go into the printer dialog box and change the setting there to double sided before submitting the print job.
- You can no longer use the LPT One print client to print to our printers
- Visit http://blogs.cofc.edu/scs/printing/campuswide-printing/ for instructions on setting up your computer.
- We have noticed some windows users are having problems finding the printers and are troubleshooting this. You can either save a copy of your file and email it to yourself to print in the lab or you can save your document as a PDF and upload it through the web interface for the new system at http://wp-papercut-01.cougars.int:9191/user/. (On campus access only, so you must be connected to eduroam or cofc-secure, or have a wired connection.) We hope to have full functionality available soon.
College of Charleston students are eligible to use Microsoft Office 365 free of charge. This free service includes the latest version of the Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) as well as online services like OneDrive cloud storage.
See this page for instructions on signing in to Office 365 and downloading the Office suite!
Please visit the Addlestone Library QEP exhibit located on the second floor near the main stairwell. This exhibit consists of various student, staff, and faculty created pieces focused on sustainability literacy while helping raise awareness about the college’s new QEP. This exhibit represents one of the three avenues of advocacy for resilience that the QEP supports: Expression.
For more information about the QEP, contact QEP Director Todd LeVasseur at firstname.lastname@example.org and visit sustain.cofc.edu
Student Computing Support, in conjunction with the SGA, has added two new printers to the atrium in the Education Center Lobby. These printers are tied into the system that the library uses, so your 300 free pages can be used there as well as in the library.
The computers in the education center lobby have the print client on them so you can print from there, or you can download the print client and print from your own computer when you are on the cofc-secure wireless network.