Hawkes learning has released new versions of their software (the most common one is essential calculus) that work on Yosemite, so if you have upgraded your Mac to the latest version of OSX, then you’ll need to go to the Hawkes Learning website for instructions on how to uninstall your current software and download the new version.
Here’s a short video highlighting some of the updates made to the addlestone library during the renovation.
We’re delighted to announce that second and third floors of Addlestone Library will reopen on Monday, August 18.
Major Improvements include:
· Adding 200 seats for students, including 140 general seats, 3 small group study rooms, and 50 seats in new flexible lecture/ learning space.
· Giving students easy access to power outlets for their laptops, phones and numerous other mobile devices.
· Consolidating the entire book collection (A –Z) on the second floor in mobile shelving and moving periodicals to the third floor.
· Expanding the Special Collections Reading Room to provide more seats for students and researchers and more reference books – opening Sept. 1
· Expanding capacity for the library’s unique manuscript and rare book collections- continuing thru mid-October
· Adding a high-tech multifunction room on the third floor – opening later in August
· Starbucks replaces java city on the first floor.
We still have a lot of “fine tuning” to do over the course of the next few weeks. So bear with us and ask the friendly staff at the Circulation Desk or Information Desk for assistance.
Best wishes for a grand start of the new academic year.
The library has created these OAKS tutorials to show you how to use the basic features of OAKS. Click the ‘Playlist’ link in the upper left corner for a list of the tutorials available.