College of Charleston Honors student Lucas Moyon has an op-ed published in the Wall Street Journal.

Interdisciplinary studies show up in exciting ways at the College of Charleston. Triple major Lucas Moyon was recently published in the Wall Street Journal for this op-ed on the threat of World War III.

“It is about national security relating to the possibility of warfare in space, and strongly relates to my senior capstone in Physics and Astronomy that I am completing with Dr. Ashley Pagnotta. It was a happy surprise to me that I was chosen to be published,” said Moyon.

Moyon is a senior Honors College student majoring in economics, physics and astronomy. He is also a Market Process Scholar.

Future View is a new Wall Street Journal Opinion Snapchat series and editorial column that showcases student opinions on timely and important topics. The goal is to surface a range of views and allow students to contribute to the national conversation.

A selection of interesting and thoughtful opinions are edited and produced for a Future View show on Snapchat and published directly on the WSJ.com Opinion page.

My biggest concern isn’t the possibility of conventional war; it’s that if China begins losing, it might escalate by wreaking global havoc on civilian space and electrical infrastructure.

Read the full article here.