As many of you know, the semester is coming to an end! (OH MY!) We have enjoyed all of you this semester and have loved helping and educating you about the College of Charleston. With the end of the semester approaching, we thought it would be nice to let you know a few things that need to be completed before you move out for the summer.
Your move out list:
1. The residence halls close May 6th at NOON. You have to be out of your room 24 hours after your last final. Please sign up for a check out time with an RA in your residence hall, so you are out no later than NOON on the 6th!
If your RA’s schedule doesn’t match yours, check other RAs’ schedules to see if you can find a time that works best for you.
2. Make sure to talk to your roommates and suitemates so you can determine who is cleaning what (toilet, shower, refrigerator, microwave and etc.)
Clean: all furniture, appliances, and cabinets should be wiped down, swept/vacuumed/mopped, remove all trash, remove all tacks/nails/tape from walls.
3. If you don’t want to take some of your stuff home or there is no room, there will be donation bins set up in your residence hall, so please put your donations in those bins 🙂
NO mattress pads, hangers, trash and etc.
4. ALL damages must be fixed before moving out.
Put in work orders NOW to get whatever needs to be fixed, FIXED. This includes: holes in the walls, marks from command strips, furniture, sink, bathroom, lighting, and etc.
5. Make sure you have your room key(s), fob(if applicable), and mail key ready to turn in after your room has been checked out. If you don’t have your key or fob you will be fined!
We hope you all have a fabulous rest of the school year! Ask any of the RAs in your hall if you have any questions about move out, they will be happy to help you! Good luck on finals and have a fabulous summer!