It is hard to believe how quickly the spring semester is passing by. With April right around the corner, here are a few things to pass along from Public Safety:
- The annual Cooper River Bridge Run will take place on April 1, 2017. With this event just around the corner, please take a moment to review all road closures. Please plan ahead and make adjustments accordingly. A list of road closures can be found here.
- The Department of Public Safety’s webpage is an excellent source for crime prevention information and other safety materials. Visit our webpage to find access to the 360 Stay Safe at College videos, or check out our Guide to Safer Living. You can also find information on surviving an active shooter incident and how to handle a bomb threat.
- You may have noticed signs around campus highlighting Public Safety’s “See Something, Say Something” initiative. This is a national campaign that raises public awareness of the importance of reporting suspicious activity to local law enforcement. We all play a role in keeping the campus safe. For more information on identifying and reporting suspicious activity, please visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website.
- We have received a few inquiries regarding the presence of animals on campus. Please refer to the College’s Service Assistance and Animal Policy for more information, or contact the Office of Disability Services.
- Be social with us! If you have not already, please follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for departmental news, upcoming events, and other important information. If you are having trouble accessing our pages, please make sure you are signed into your social media account.
Crime Prevention Tip:
Did you know that you can get campus crime information directly from the Public Safety webpage? We offer an interactive Campus Incident Map to view crime information on campus. You can search by incident type, date, and location.
As always, please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns.
Take Care and Be Safe,
PSO Madeline M. Sloan
Crime Prevention Specialist
Department of Public Safety
Office of the President
89 St. Philip Street
Charleston, SC 29424