Fall final grades will be available for viewing tomorrow (December 17) by logging into MyCharleston and clicking on the Academic Services tab. Scroll down the web page and you will see an area for STUDENT GRADES. Select the term 2011 fall from the drop down menu to view grades.
As you view grades take this opportunity to discuss your academic expectations with your student. For parents with freshmen keep in mind that the first semester can be a challenging transition for your student and is often the most difficult. College coursework is rigorous and a student who made all As in high school may not experience the same results in college. If grades are not up to standards be supportive and encourage your student to think seriously about their spring course choices (and major if they declared one). Remind them that attending class consistently and studying are essential for academic success in college. Encourage your student to use the Center for Student Learning (http://csl.cofc.edu/), meet with their professors, and create a realistic academic plan that will help them achieve their academic goals. The success of your student is important to us and we welcome the opportunity to help your student become a College of Charleston graduate!
I’ve included a few links below that may be of interest:
- http://registrar.cofc.edu/grades/index.php – Grades
- http://registrar.cofc.edu/ferpa/index.php – FERPA & Request to view records form
- http://undergrad.cofc.edu/academic-resources/gpa-calculators.php – GPA calculators
- http://undergrad.cofc.edu/academic-standards/scholastic-attainment.php – Minimum Scholastic Attainment
- http://undergrad.cofc.edu/academic-standards/academic-probation.php – Academic Probation
- http://undergrad.cofc.edu/academic-standards/probation-faqs.php – FAQs Academic Probation
- http://undergrad.cofc.edu/forms/complete-withdrawal.php – Withdrawal form
- http://undergrad.cofc.edu/contact-us/index.php- Undergraduate Academic Services Contacts (this office handles academic probation, dismissal, withdrawal, and Leave of Absences)
- email@example.com (Undergraduate Academic Services email)
Please note: Access to MyCharleston will be closed from Dec. 21-25th for maintenance. The College of Charleston will be closed from December 22-January 2.
Melinda (Mindy) Miley
Assistant Vice President
Division of Academic Affairs, Office of New Student Programs
College of Charleston
Charleston, S.C. 29424