Parent Website: www.cofc.edu/parents
Email Questions to: email@example.com
- The fall 2011 CofC Parent Survey will be posted to the listserv later this week!
- Midterm grades are NOW available on MyCharleston
- The deadline to withdraw from a fall class has now passed (Oct. 21)
- Last day of classes: Dec. 5
- Final Exams: Dec. 7-14
- For the fall exam dates/times click on the exam schedule link below: (you will need to refer to the student course schedule): http://registrar.cofc.edu/pv_obj_cache/pv_obj_id_8B24F546601930D915025EF358A2949389360100/filename/Exam_Schedule_Fall2011.pdf
Spring 2012 Registration:
Registration entry times for spring 2012: http://registrar.cofc.edu/calendars/entrytimes.php
All calendars for the semester (academic, registration, exam schedule) as well as breaks and holidays can be found on the Registrar’s website at: http://registrar.cofc.edu/calendars/index.php
CofC Parent Blog available:
The Office of New Student Programs offers a parents blog to keep you updated on CofC parent listserv postings. Parents may subscribe to the CofC Parent Blog by clicking on this link: Subscribe to Parents by Email (submit your email address to subscribe to the blog). If the listserv activity is too much the blog is a great way to cut down on the number of emails you received. With our blog you will get a weekly email with any postings that have been sent to the listserv from CofC staff
First year freshmen must meet with their academic advisor in the Academic Advising & Planning Center before they can register for spring 2012 classes. All new students are assigned a first year advisor from the Center. For information about academic advising visit the departmental website at: http://advising.cofc.edu/. Once a student declares a major a faculty advisor is assigned to the student. Students should have declared a major by the time they reach 60 earned hours.
- Degree worksheets, advising contacts, student resources, general education requirements: http://advising.cofc.edu/
First-Year Experience (FYE): www.cofc.edu/fye
If your freshman is not enrolled in a fall 2011 FYE (either a first-year seminar or learning community) they will have to successfully complete FYE during the spring 2012 semester. FYE is a General Education Requirement for all incoming 2011-12 freshmen that must be completed during the first year. Spring 2012 course descriptions can be found at www.cofc.edu/fye. Students should consult with their academic advisor if they have questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email email@example.com if you have questions about pending work orders, roommate issues, spring housing, or wish to share comments regarding the residence hall. This is the general email address for the Office of Residence Life.
Find out about campus meal plans at:
http://www.campusdish.com/en-US/CSSE/Charleston/MealPlans/. If you have any questions about meal plans, on vs. off campus dining, paying for meal plans or dining dollars email your questions to Dining Services customer service at: DiningServicesCustomerService@cofc.edu.
If you have questions about the ebill please contact the Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-953-5572. Provide your student’s full name and CWID (College Wide Identification Number) in any correspondence.
Become an Authorized User:
To become an authorized ebill user visit the website at: www.treasurer.cofc.edu. All billing information is sent to the student’s campus email account – to receive the student’s bill you must be an Authorized User! If you have any questions email email@example.com. A payment plan for each semester is available. Check it out at: http://treasurer.cofc.edu/PaymentPlan.html
Refer to the Student Computing Blog: http://blogs.cofc.edu/scs/
For assistance with MyCharleston or problems with campus email please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Helpdesk at 843-953-3375. Students should check their campus email often during the summer and academic year. All campus correspondence is sent to this email account.
Advising@cofc.edu – Questions about academic advising, course selection, academic advisor
DiningServicesCustomerService@cofc.edu – Questions about meal plans, dining, payment
FinancialAid@cofc.edu – Questions about financial aid, awards, loans, grants, scholarships
MailServices@cofc.edu –Questions about mail services for students, shipping, mailboxes
Reslife@cofc.edu – Questions about residence halls, repairs, room changes, issues with roommates
Treasurer@cofc.edu – Questions about bill payment, payment plans
To reach faculty, staff or specific departments use the directory!
The campus directory at http://www.cofc.edu/directory/index.php includes contacts for specific people and departments. If you have a specific need, comment, suggestion, complaint or request for response please contact the appropriate department directly for assistance. Posting to the entire listserv will not ensure that your issue is addressed by the right person.
- Athletics: http://www.cofcsports.com/
- Career Center: http://careercenter.cofc.edu/
- Center for Student Learning: http://csl.cofc.edu/?referrer=webcluster&
- Center for Disability Services: http://disabilityservices.cofc.edu/?referrer=webcluster&
- Dean of Students: http://deanofstudents.cofc.edu/index.php
- Financial Aid: http://finaid.cofc.edu/
- Fire Safety & EMS: http://fireandems.cofc.edu/
- Hometown news form: http://mediarelations.cofc.edu/hometown-news/index.php
- Mail Services information: http://mailservices.cofc.edu/students/index.php
- Parent Information & Unsubscribe to Listserv: www.cofc.edu/parents
- Public Safety: http://spinner.cofc.edu/publicsafety/
- Registrar (calendars, exams, registration, academics): http://registrar.cofc.edu/
- Residence Life: http://reslife.cofc.edu/
- Student Affairs: http://studentaffairs.cofc.edu/services/index.php
- Treasurer: http://treasurer.cofc.edu/
Videos & Information:
Campus Diversity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jz_-PMRHnY