Parent Website: www.cofc.edu/parents
Email Questions to: email@example.com
We enjoyed meeting everyone at the June and July Summer Orientations. Welcome to all of our new subscribers!
- Mail Services will start accepting packages of shipped items on August 1
- Orientation: August 15-16 and August 18-19
- Convocation for freshmen: August 22
- Classes begin: August 23
- Last day to drop or add classes: Aug. 29
- Midterm grades available on MyCharleston: Oct. 11
- Fall break: October 16-18
- Deadline to withdraw from a class: Oct. 21
- Last day of classes: Dec. 5
- Final Exams: Dec. 7-14
- Family Weekend will be held on September 23-25, 2011
All calendars (academic, registration, exams) can be found on the Registrar’s website http://registrar.cofc.edu/calendars/index.php
My Charleston availability:
For currently enrolled students and new students who attended the June or July Orientations My Charleston is available for fall registration from July 18-August 15 & August 20-29.
Residence Life move-in schedule:
The move in schedule can be found at: http://reslife.cofc.edu/booklets/Move-In%20Schedule%202011.pdf (Please note: This does not include special move in dates for groups coming to orientation, summer preview, sorority rush, etc.). Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about move in.
My Charleston or email assistance:
For assistance with MyCharleston or problems with campus email please email: email@example.com or call the Helpdesk at 843-953-3375. Students should check their campus email often during the summer and academic year. All campus correspondence is sent to this email account.
Parking for students: http://parkingservices.cofc.edu/parking/students.php
Alternative parking: http://parkingservices.cofc.edu/parking/alternative-parking.php
Want to see the fun the New Student Programs staff and interns have during the summer orientations? Check out the 2011 summer orientation video on the YouTube site at: http://youtu.be/3zVBJ3lA5Rc
Parents with incoming students this fall may be interested in reading The Growl which is written by students especially for first year students. This edition includes tips for new students about orientation and starting college. Check out The Growl at http://nsp.cofc.edu/the-growl/index.php.
- Mail Services information: http://mailservices.cofc.edu/students/index.php
- Degree worksheets, advising contacts, student resources, general education requirements: http://advising.cofc.edu/
- Orientation Information: http://orientation.cofc.edu/orientation/student-orientation.php
- Financial Aid: http://finaid.cofc.edu/
- A payment plan for each semester is available. Check it out at: http://treasurer.cofc.edu/PaymentPlan.html
- To become an authorized ebill user visit the website at: www.treasurer.cofc.edu. All billing information is sent to the student’s campus email account – to receive the student’s bill you must be an Authorized User! If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- · Parent webpage: www.cofc.edu/parents (to change your settings to DIGEST form or unsubscribe click on the PARENT LISTSERV link found on this webpage and select the option to LEAVE COFC PARENT)
MailServices@cofc.edu – Mail Services questions, shipping information, mailboxes
DiningServicesCustomerService@cofc.edu – Meal plans, dining, meal plan payment questions
Reslife@cofc.edu – Questions about residence halls, move in, room assignments
FinancialAid@cofc.edu – Questions about financial aid, awards, loans, grants, scholarships
Treasurer@cofc.edu – Questions about bill payment, payment plans
Advising@cofc.edu – Questions about academic advising, course selection
Orientat@cofc.edu – Questions about new student and family orientation
FYE@cofc.edu – Questions about the First-Year Experience (FYE) program
Admissions@cofc.edu – Questions about receipt of academic transcripts, admissions issues
SummerPreview@cofc.edu – Questions about the Summer Preview program (August 16-20)
Parents@cofc.edu – General questions, referral to campus services
CofC Parents Blog:
Parents may subscribe to the CofC Parent Blog by clicking on this link: Subscribe to Parents by Email (submit your email address to subscribe to the blog). The Office of New Student Programs offers a parents blog to keep you updated on listserv postings from college faculty, staff and administrators. By signing up for the blog email subscription, you will receive an email if there are any new postings.