Current students and new students who attended orientation can make changes to their fall course schedule at this time. Students are encouraged to contact the Academic Advising & Planning Center at 843-953-5981 if assistance is needed with this process. The MyCharleston registration system will be closed for orientation from August 11-15. The deadline to make any fall course schedule changes is August 25.
All new students have an academic advisor assigned to them from the Academic Advising & Planning Center for their first year. They will have a mandatory meeting with this advisor during the fall to plan for spring. Once the student declares a major they will be assigned a faculty advisor. Information on the declaration of major is provided below.
- Declaring a Major: http://advising.cofc.edu/declaring-your-major/index.php
- Academic Planning tools: http://advising.cofc.edu/student-resources/index.php
- Degree Works (degree audit tool): http://registrar.cofc.edu/degreeworks/index.php
- Frequently asked questions: http://orientation.cofc.edu/faqs/index.php
- Student Registration FAQs: http://registrar.cofc.edu/pdf/stu_reg_faq.pdf
- Program of Study Information: http://registrar.cofc.edu/program-of-study-resources/index.php
- Undergraduate catalog: http://catalogs.cofc.edu/
- Academic standards: http://undergrad.cofc.edu/academic-standards/scholastic-attainment.php (NOTE: the cumulative GPA expected for provisional first time freshmen is 2.0 and 24 earned hours by the end of the spring term)
If you have specific questions about programs or services try the SEARCH feature found in the top right corner of the College of Charleston’s website at www.cofc.edu. If you are looking to contact faculty of staff use the campus directory found at http://www.cofc.edu/directory/index.php.
We welcome the opportunity to assist you if you have general inquiries – email the Office of New Student Programs staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.