1 more week until fall break! It’s all downhill from here! Below you will find the study skills workshops topics for NEXT week: Tools Not Toys and Helpful Apps. Please encourage your students to attend as ALL students are invited to come and participate in the workshops. Students will be actively engaged in the workshop and come away with some tips to be successful at CofC!
Study Skills Workshops 101: “Tools Not Toys”
Technology is all around us and can aid in academic success if you know how to sort through all the “stuff” and use the tools to their fullest potential! From time management to project management and from taking notes to study apps, technology can aid your study skills if used correctly. We will discuss if technology is right for you to use, the benefits of using technology for studying, and some amazing study apps. Bring your mobile device or laptop to work along with us through this workshop to get hands on experience with the technology we will discuss!
- Monday, October 27 at 1:00 p.m. in the Freshman Commuter Collegium (located in the McAlister activity room, open to all students by going through the outside doors by Einstein)
- Monday, October 27 at 4:00 p.m. in Berry Residence Hall Room 104
- Tuesday, October 28 at 3:00 p.m. in McConnell Residence Hall
- Friday, October 31 at 1:00 p.m. in the Center for Student Learning’s Science Lab
Study Skills Workshops 201: “Helpful Apps”
In this workshop we will look at an overview of apps that can help you from class to life. There are so many apps coming out every day, so we will help you sort through all of the useless apps and show you the useful ones! Make sure to bring your mobile device to download these great apps as we talk about them!
- Thursday, October 30 at 3:00 p.m. in Addlestone Library Room 120
For a full schedule of the 101 and 201 Workshop series please visit: http://csl.cofc.edu/study-skills/workshop-schedule/index.php
Melissa Hortman, M.Ed.
Study Skills Program Coordinator
Center for Student Learning
College of Charleston