With Who: David M. Gilston Insurance Agency
Location: Charleston, SC
Employment Type: Part-time, Hourly
Hours: 8-10 per week (hours to be spread over 2-3 days, onsite at the office)
Salary: paid; disclosed during interviews
Position Description: The Communications Specialist is expected to:
- Provide sales marketing support for all aspects of Social Media to include Linked In, Facebook, and Constant Contact.
- Increase awareness of our Agency by providing internal and external updates to various channels to include the Chamber of Commerce, Business Journal, etc.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, and other external sources.
- Enter, transcribe, record, store, or maintain information, in written or electronic form.
Who We Are: Everything we do is about helping South Carolinians find the best options for their health and life insurance needs. We have done such a good job that we are expanding. The David M. Gilston Insurance Agency is an established, full-service brokerage house that represents various carriers for lines of insurance, such as health, life, disability, vision, dental, and the growing senior markets arena. Our reputation in stellar and we want you to join the team.
This amazing career opportunity allows motivated and disciplined individuals to achieve their career and financial goals. We pride ourselves on training, educating, and motivating our agents and staff to become successful and well recognized in the health insurance industry. The average tenure of our associates is approximately 15 years and we have received top honors with many of the carriers we represent.
A Snapshot of Exciting Things You Will Do:
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Agents and Brokers.
- Ensure that appropriate actions are taken to professionally communicate with our external clients, Agents, and home office staff.
- Maintains accurate accounts and records of customer interactions with details of inquiries, complaints, or comments.
- Uses knowledge of a specific product, service, or other assigned area of expertise to answer inquiries or to forward to the appropriate staff.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Refer customers or Agents to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate operational activities as directed by the CEO, President, or CFO.
- Promote products, services, or programs.
- Promote Agency continuing education classes and carrier training classes.
- Attend professional development training offered by the Agency and carriers, as well as staff and agent meetings to the extent that you are able to do so.
- Adhere to HIPAA guidelines regarding confidential information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
How You Can Make a Difference:
- Sales & Marketing: Understanding and use of methods and strategies for showing and promoting products and services.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer and Personal Service: Build strong relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Technology Savvy: Use computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, enter data, or process information.
- Collaborates: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Drives results: Consistently achieves goals even under tough circumstances.
- Team Player: Work effectively in a team environment.
- Problem Solver: Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and offer options.
- Work Ethic: A positive attitude, assertive, dependable, and energetic.
- Critical Thinking: Use reasoning to determine alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
What You Will Bring to the Table:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Social media and customer service experience is preferred, particularly with CANVA. Portfolio of social media examples requested.
- Must be able to work well on a team.
- The ability to meet the following physical requirements:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times.
Why You Will Love Working With Us:
- Competitive pay: Hourly pay with opportunities for bonuses and/or incentive pay.
- Career growth: Room for advancement.
- Top-notch technology and training: Dedicated Social Media training for the first 30-days. Additional training provided based on additional duties.
- Unique, exciting, & fun culture: We’re passionate about white-glove service and building relationships with customers and teammates.
- All employees have their own office, and we do strongly encourage masks.
- David M. Gilston Insurance Agency considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state, or local law.
- Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
- DAVID M. GILSTON INSURANCE AGENCY IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER.
Apply (or request more information): Please contact us at www.dgilston.com/main/career-opportunities or call 800.GILSTON (445.7866).