Location: Cedar Park, Texas (telecommuting allowed)
Type of Employment: Full-time
Position Description: Join a dynamic team at a national trade association based in the Austin metropolitan area. Job seekers wanting a fast-paced, creative, and highly accountable environment are invited to apply.
The Content and Communications Manager provides the guidance and skill necessary to develop and implement an innovative, integrated communications strategy that supports APRO’s mission.
The role reports to the Executive Director and will work collaboratively to execute effective and brand-affirming communications in the following areas: content development, internal/external communications, website management, print and digital publication management, video media management, and marketing.
- Participate in the planning and execution of comprehensive, online and offline communications and marketing campaigns for the annual association convention and trade show, annual legislative conference and strategic plan outlined by the executive director and board of directors.
- Develop and edit visual and written content for communications projects including, but not limited to: annual association convention and trade show, annual legislative conference, website, bi-weekly e-newsletter, association member e-newsletter alerts, quarterly print and digital magazine, social media, news stories, digital and print collateral items, video and anything else that supports the association’s value to its members.
- Must have excellent writing skills.
- Oversee and execute print and digital communications efforts that support member engagement for projects mentioned above including updating and maintaining the website.
- Seek out new and more effective ways to deliver messaging.
- Vet, oversee, and coordinate marketing and communications strategy to outsourced vendors including, but not limited to: interns, contract writers, graphic designers, photographers, videographers, A/V, etc.
- Travel to and act as reporter and photographer to association-related meetings around the country.
- Develop and maintain content calendars for the association’s channels of communications
- Manage and maintain photo archives and on association’s flickr page.
- Track, measure and report key performance indicators to determine communications effectiveness.
- Monitor press mentions or alerts.
- Manage association phone system, adding extension, recordings, and scheduling meeting settings.
- Act as support to association staff, communicating and collaborating regularly with other departments.
- Represent APRO at industry events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- National travel up to 20%
For consideration, submit resume and 2-3 samples of your own writing (blog posts, marketing collateral, business letters, articles, etc). Background and reference check required.
Role is carried out mostly in Cedar Park main office. Telecommuting days can be arranged 1-3 days a week once the initial 120 day period of probationary and orientation period has passed.
Strong writing, technology, and project management skills required.
Experience in nonprofits or associations preferred. Graphic design and social media skills a plus. Degree in related field preferred.
- Telecommuting is allowed.
- Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package with vision, dental, and health insurance. Retirement plan. Work from home flexibility 1-3 days per week after successful 120-day orientation and probationary period.
Apply (or see more job posting information): Submit your application today via the CofC Alumni Career Center!