With Who: Louisiana State University Athletics
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Type of Employment: Full-time
50% Responsible for the management/coordination of external events hosted in athletics venues – in accordance with University Policies and procedures. Liaison with clients to successfully execute events. Coordinates closely with Athletic Facilities and other departments on campus in order to facilitate client needs. Oversees all aspects of client relations and event preparation; Oversees event planning and preparation including but not limited to: Client relations and customer service, scheduling and calendar management, service orders and requests, coordination of facility setup and breakdowns, contract generation, documentation, and invoicing, screening of rental applications and exploring opportunities for revenue generation. Keeps records and tracks historical information about events.
45% Responsible for event management duties for assigned sports including the logistics and game operations coordination and management. Plans and prepares guest services and security needs for events and develops best practice guidelines for staff. Conducts sport meetings and evaluates and communicates with coaches and support staff; Provides Assistance with Event Management duties as assigned for football gameday, which may include any of the following: Management and Coordination of special events, Stadium Event Operations, Parking Operations, Guest Service Support. Assists with the management of the 150+ parking guards and/or assists with the management of the 700 person transient staff as needed.
5% Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with Ooe year experience in event management and/or operations. Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree; Two years experience in event management and/or operations; Experience with event operations at a Division I-A Athletic Department and familiar management procedures at large scale events. Ability to multi-task and demonstration of project management skills.
Special or Physical Qualifications:
- Ability to work extended hours, days, weekends and holidays. Ability to stand, walk, and lift objects up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally – Balancing, driving, feeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, stooping
- Frequently – Manipulating items with fingers, including keyboarding, grasping, hearing, reaching, and repetitive motion
- Constantly – climbing, sitting, standing, walking, and talking
- A copy of your transcript(s) may be attached to your application (if available). However, original transcripts are required prior to hire.
- Please provide three professional references including name, title, phone number and e-mail address.
Apply (or see more information): Submit your application today! https://lsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/LSU/job/LSU—Baton-Rouge/Event-Management-Coordinator_R00040433-1