Assigned Date: Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2018
Due Date: Friday, Feb. 15
Due Time: 30 mins before class
Write a Jython program that generates an interesting piece of music.
The piece should contain at least three Parts with different instruments.
It is OK to add percussion (drums), if you wish.
Do all three:
- Upload your program file on OAKS.
- Hand in a printout of your Python program in class on the due date.
- Be ready to perform it in class.
Your program should have a meaningful name, e.g., stairwayToHeaven.py.
Follow the documentation instructions from Homework 2. In particular, your header documentation should:
- mention the name of the piece and the composer / band where it comes from, and,
- if you used a score available online, include the URL where the score can be found.
Remember, the Golden Rule of Style: “A program should be as easy for a human being to read and understand as it is for a computer to execute.”  Your code should have general comments at the top, which explain what the program does. You should comment all variables, obscure statements, and blocks of code.
Follow the textbook examples on how to write comments.
Your grade will be based on how well you followed the above instructions, and the depth/quality of your work.
- Cooper, D. and Clancy, M. (1985) “Oh! Pascal”, 2nd ed., W.W. Norton & Company, New York, p. 42.