Professor Ricard Viñas-de-Puig’s book chapter “Psych predicates, light verbs, and Phase Theory: On the implications of Case assignment to the Experiencer in non-leísta experience predicates” has been published in Contemporary advances in theoretical and applied Spanish linguistic variation, edited by Juan J. Colomina-Almiñana and published by Ohio State University Press.
Professor Mark P. Del Mastro participated and presented in various capacities during the 99th Annual Conference of the American Association of Teachers of Spanish & Portuguese (AATSP):
- Co-panelist in the session “Hispania: Publishing your works in academic journals”
- Member of the AATSP Board of Directors/Collaborator in Board Meetings
- Organizer and Chair of the Sigma Delta Pi Best Practices and Informative Session
- Presenter of the 7th Annual Mario Vargas Llosa Award, joint recognition of Sigma Delta Pi and the AATSP
- Member of the AATSP Executive Director Search
- AATSP Finance Committee Chair
- Launch of Sigma Delta Pi’s new honor society for 2-year colleges.
Professor Sara Owens’ annotated bibliography “Women Writers of the Iberian Empire” has been accepted for publication in Oxford Bibliographies in Renaissance and Reformation.
On Tuesday, May 2, 2017 the Office of Multicultural Student Programs and Services and student organizations Asian Student Association and the Chinese Club honored the accomplishments of our Asian-Pacific Islander Graduates. Our very own Dr. Karambelkar was the key note speaker of the event.
In early June, Dr. Jennifer Gerrish presented her recent work on Sallust (Sallust’s Spartacus and Historiography Under the Triumvirs) at the international conference “Spartacus: History and Tradition,” held at the Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin, Poland.
Congratulations, Dr. Gerrish!