On Thursday at 12pm (Noon) we will begin an upgrade to a security component of the VPN system. This process is expected to take up to 2 hours. This system authenticates your identity prior to your VPN connection.
You will not be affected if :
- You were connected prior to Noon. During the upgrade period (12p – 2p) do not disconnect your VPN connection because you may not be able to immediately re–connect.
You will be affected if :
- You attempt to open a new remote VPN connection from off campus via vpn.cofc.edu between the hours of 12pm-2pm
- You attempt to open a new iVPN connection between the hours of 12pm-2pm
- During the hours of 12pm and 2pm you may be able to connect however you will likely receive certificate errors. If you are able to connect by ignoring certificate errors — you may be able to connect. IT will be working with the vendor to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.
- If you re-connect after the upgrade — you will be asked to fully re-authenticate (normally you only need to do this once per day) – after 2pm
After the upgrade is complete — you notice a difference in the look and feel of the new SecureAuth system. The functionality remains the same. (new and old screens are below)
If you need further assistance, please contact