FINAL REMINDER…Yammer is coming October 12th!
On October 12th, we will be officially launching the CofC Yammer Network!
What is changing?
Yammer will serve as a central point of communication and collaboration for the college. It will replace several of the current disparate and outdated communication methods, ensuring that communication across the college is unified.
The following will be decommissioned when Yammer “Goes Live” on October 12, 2015.
- Faculty Listserv
- Faculty & Staff Listserv
- Staff Listserv
- College of Charleston Web Forums
Several listservs will remain in use because they include or are focused on participants outside the College. These include but are not limited to JobPostings, Sports, and Parents.
Email distribution lists like Administrative Information and All Enrolled Students will continue to be available. These are created and maintained with the College’s email system and are not impacted by Yammer or listservs.
What is Yammer?
Yammer is the College of Charleston’s enterprise social network, a private and secure online environment that makes real-time communication, collaboration, and sharing among faculty and staff easier and more efficient than ever before. One of the big advantages of Yammer is that it combines the functionality of web forums with listservs so that members can receive and post messages via a web interface, mobile client, or simply by email. The following Yammer groups have already been created to expand the functionality that was provided by the listservs:
- All Company- All Faculty & Staff are members of “All Company”. Only messages that need to be communicated to all CofC Yammer users should be posted to “All Company”
- Faculty Only – Private group for College Faculty. Only members can view or particpate in this group. Membership must be verified and approved by group administrator.
- Classifieds – College classifieds, items for sale
- Events – Things to do at the College
- Open Discussion – Share your opinions here!
- Yammer Help – Get answers to your questions about Yammer here
You don’t have to wait…join Yammer Now!
Signing up is easy and takes less than 60 seconds. Here’s how:
- Go to http://yammer.com/office365
- Enter your College of Charleston email (@cofc.edu) & press “Tab”
- You will be redirected a College of Charleston branded login page.
- Enter your MyCharleston password, and click submit
- Follow the steps to set up your Yammer account
For detailed instructions or to learn more about Yammer, visit http://it.cofc.edu/accounts-email/yammer/index.php