A Quick Reminder…Yammer is coming October 12th
On October 12th, we will be officially launching the CofC Yammer Network!
Yammer will serve as a central point of communication and collaboration for the college. It will replace several of the current disparate and outdated communication methods, ensuring that communication across the college is unified. The following will be decommissioned when Yammer “Goes Live” on October 12, 2015.
- Faculty Listserv
- Faculty & Staff Listserv
- Staff Listserv
- College of Charleston Web Forums
One of the big advantages of Yammer is that it combines the functionality of web forums with listservs so that members can receive and post messages via a web interface, mobile client, or simply by email. The following Yammer groups have already been created to expand the functionality that was provided by the Listservs:
- All Company- All Faculty & Staff are members of “All Company”. Only messages that need to be communicated to all CofC Yammer users should be posted to “All Company”
- Faculty Only – Private group for College Faculty. Only members can view or particpate in this group. Membership must be verified and approved by group administrator.
- Classifieds – College classifieds, items for sale
- Events – Things to do at the College
- Open Discussion – Share your opinions here!
- Yammer Help – Get answers to your questions about Yammer here
What is Yammer?
Yammer is the College of Charleston’s enterprise social network, a private and secure online environment that makes real-time communication, collaboration, and sharing among faculty and staff easier and more efficient than ever before. Yammer will consolidate the disparate methods used to communicate across the college into a centralized “one stop” service for college communication, information sharing, and collaboration. You will be able to use Yammer to subscribe to content based on your interests and responsibilities, send messages directly to groups or individuals, and create public or private groups for departments, project teams or special interests.
To Learn more about Yammer or Join the Network…
Visit the Yammer website @ http://it.cofc.edu/accounts-email/yammer/index.php
Attend an upcoming Yammer Virtual Training Session:
- October 7th @ 11am- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-KZJWQ9fNk