- Joe E. Berry Hall is a dorm room, and access to the building will be restricted as a Covid safety precaution. All visitors will have to check in at the front entrance with their Cougar ID card.
- If your room classroom is locked when you arrive, the front desk has a key and will be able to open the room for you.
- The front desk will also have a class enrollment list, and only students and faculty scheduled to teach in Berry will be allowed entry.
- Do not enter the building to swipe in any earlier than 10 minutes prior to your class. This will allow time for the previous class to exit.
Entering the Classroom
Students/faculty will be entering the rooms through the door in the media gallery (furthest from the front lobby) and exiting through the door closest to the front lobby.
- Avoid congregating inside the building as best as possible. Always maintain at least six feet of social distancing from one another.
- Students will have to complete a daily health-check in process. It is up to faculty how they choose to implement this into their teaching plans, whether they ask students to show them their check-in confirmation or not. · Foot traffic flow charts for entering and exiting the classroom may be found here. Students should fill in the seats closest to the front of the classroom in the order in which they arrive, in order to streamline the entering process and minimize close contact.
Each classroom will be equipped with sanitizing wipes at the entryway. Upon entry, faculty and students MUST use the wipes to disinfect their respective areas and desks when entering the classroom.
- Trash bins will be located throughout the room to dispose of your wipes.
- If you notice the wipe supply is running low or has run out, contact Mary Moser (MoserM@cofc.edu).
The classroom furniture has been laid out to ensure proper social distancing. Furniture MUST NOT be reconfigured in any way.
- If you encounter any issues with the classroom layout, please contact Nick Plasmati (email@example.com).
Exiting the Classroom
Exit the classroom through the door furthest from the projector screen. Students at the rear of the classroom should exit first, allowing for social distancing between one another. See the Exiting the Classroom diagram for more details.
- Students should depart in order based on their proximity to the exit, with those closest to the back door leaving first. Students should maintain social distancing from one another as they depart. An exit flow chart can be found here.
- Students and faculty who do not live/work in Berry must exit the building immediately following class.