The Zucker Institute for Innovation Commercialization
Honors College Internship Program
The Zucker Institute for Innovation Commercialization at MUSC is collaborating with the Honors College on an innovative internship program for Honors students.
The Organization: The Zucker Institute (ZI) is MUSC’s innovation incubator. It cultivates real-life solutions to the world’s medical needs, supporting the development of new drugs, medical devices, healthcare technology, and beyond. ZI also provides world-class commercialization leadership to maximize the impact of these new innovations. To date, the Zucker Institute has filed over 2000 patent applications on behalf of more than 2000 inventors/creators, and products developed through ZI have raised over $774M in capital.
- Start in Spring 2024 and will last through at least the Summer and Fall 2024 semesters, with the potential to carry on beyond that. The idea is to develop a long-term working relationship with ZI and make a real impact over time. It’s not an internship where you show up for a semester just to make copies and fetch coffee.
- Are paid. The Zucker Institute will compensate interns at $15.00 per hour with a flexible schedule of 10 hours per week during the semester and 20-30 hours per week during the summer. Interns will also be guaranteed a spot in the 2024 Honors Summer Enrichment Program, which will provide you with financial support over the summer.
- Are tailored based on your interests. Your exact role will be developed in collaboration with ZI personal after discussing your goals and skillsets. If there's something ZI is doing that's in your wheelhouse, they'll personalize the internship experience for you.
- Truly hands on
- Work with world class inventors and researchers
- A real world view of startup formation
- Financial compensation and flexible hours
Great Fit For: Entrepreneurship / Business Administration / Marketing / STEM in Healthcare / Public Health / Law
The Zucker Institute’s work sits at the intersection of business, healthcare, technology, law, and science. Projects touch on marketing, business development, product development, patent prosecution, and intellectual property. If you’re a problem-solver with an entrepreneurial spirit, someone who’s constantly thinking about how to improve the world around you, then you’d likely fit in well at ZI.
Next Steps: All interested students are strongly encouraged to attend the internship info session on October 23.
Zucker Institute for Innovation Internship Info Session
Monday, October 23, 5:00 p.m.
Wells Fargo Auditorium (Beatty 115)
Register to attend
The info session will be a chance to learn more about the internship, ask questions, and meet/networking with ZI leadership. In other words, attending the info session will give you a leg up on your application.
The Application: Application Form + Resume + Unofficial Transcript + (1) Letter of Recommendation
- The application officially opens on October 23 and will close on Tuesday, November 7 at 11:59 p.m.
- Interviews will be held between November 8 and December 1.
- Final offers will be made by December 12, with a start date the second week of January 2024.
Download the application form for complete instructions. Contact email@example.com with any questions.