The opportunity: Honors Ambassadors assist with Honors recruitment events like info sessions, student panels, and sit-downs, and generally serve as the student voice in the Honors admissions process.
Benefits: Ambassadors share their candid lived experiences as a student in the Honors College and provide a personalized touch to the admissions process, gaining professional development, leadership experience, and interpersonal communication skills along the way!
- More info: Read below for the complete position description, and reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
How to apply: Fill out this form to express your interest by September 5. The Honors admissions team will then contact you with next steps.
Honors Ambassadors – Position Description
Honors Ambassadors provide peer-to-peer recruitment that is essential to recruiting students who are a good fit for the Honors College. Honors Ambassadors share their candid lived experiences as a student in the Honors College and provide a personalized touch to the admissions process.
- Must be a member of the Honors College in good standing
- Committed to the values of the Honors College.
- approximately 2-5 hours per month for an academic year (flexible based on your schedule)
- Lead individual sit-downs with prospective Honors Students (virtual and in-person)
- Assist with Honors Information Sessions and participate in student panels
- Represent the Honors College at different recruitment events
- Assist with the Honors College Interview Weekend and Honors Experience events
- Write personalized notes and messages to prospective students
- Conduct student takeover on Instagram
- Help manage Class of 2026 GroupMe (engaging with and answering students’ questions)
Requirements to Remain Active:
- Help with at least one recruitment event in the Fall (Build Your Own Campus Tour)
- Help with at least one recruitment event in the Spring (Interview Weekend, Honors Experience)
- Participate in at least two individual meetings with prospective students per semester
- Assist with at least one info session (virtual or in-person) each semester.
- Must attend team meetings throughout the year.
- Gain public speaking, interpersonal, communication, and recruitment skills
- Professional development workshops catered to you.
- An opportunity to share with prospective students why you joined CofC Honors
- Honors College Swag
- Leadership opportunities