Honors is seeking students to serve as Honors Engaged Liaisons for the 2019-2020 academic year. Students will be selected based on an application, and in some cases, an interview. The complete job description for this position can be found here.
Honors Engaged Liaisons…
- Commit to at least 3 work hours per week in the Fall, and at least 6 work hours per week in the Spring.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between the Honors College and community partners.
- Are required to engage directly with the community through the project they lead.
- Mentor freshmen, helping them to adjust to their new roles in the community and guiding reflection on their experience.
- Engage in extensive written communication with students, community partners, and project directors.
- Track project attendance, read and comment on assignments, and host multiple reflection meetings throughout the year.
- Are required to attend team meetings and prepare for them by completing assigned readings.
- Are required to complete an academic project related to their work in the community and present their research at the Lowcountry Citizens’ Summit.
- Member of the Honors College in good standing
- Completed Honors Engaged requirement
- Strong desire to engage in the community
- Strong desire to serve as a peer mentor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
To Apply: Apply using the online application.