The Charleston Literary Festival is hiring a paid intern to help plan and run Charleston’s preeminent annual literary event.
The Internship: Marketing and operations support for the 10-day literary festival that takes place November 3-12 in downtown Charleston.
The Benefits: Nurture your eye for creative marketing and build out your production and operation skills.
Great Fit For: Book lovers / Social media gurus / Well-organized, pragmatic, proactive personalities
How to Apply: CV + cover letter to Sarah Moriarty, Executive Director at email@example.com.
- Keep reading below for more details about the internship.
Charleston Literary Festival Intern: Marketing
Launched in 2017, Charleston Literary Festival is a boutique literary festival that takes place each November in Charleston, South Carolina. With an emphasis on featuring international and national award-winning authors, the festival is committed to providing diverse audiences with a forum for engaging with new ideas and experiencing the transformative power of great literature. Charleston Literary Festival is an independent non-profit entity.
Why we need you
This year’s festival takes place from Nov. 3-12 in downtown Charleston. In the run up to the festival, we need an intern dedicated to marketing and operations to help us to plan and run a stand-out 10-day festival. This is an incredible opportunity for someone with a passion for books to nurture their eye for creative marketing and build out their production and operation skills.
Duration of Internship: 10 hours per week, running September until mid-November.
Pay: $15 per hour
- Organizing guest lists for Festival events and parties
- Assisting at Festival events where necessary
- Research on authors and books appearing at the Festival
- Basic copywriting for marketing materials where necessary
- Assist marketing team on distribution of marketing materials around Charleston (libraries, retailers, partners)
- Liaise with partners to build marketing displays where necessary
- Work with social media team to help create and organize assets for different channels and partners
- Working with event photographer to realize shot lists
Skills + Qualifications
- Strong interest in books, and authors (both national and international)
- Well-organized, pragmatic, proactive personality with a growth mindset
- Ability to adapt quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Access to a car and the ability to drive (note: nice-to-have, not necessary)
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and basic ability to create content for social media
- Ability to do light lifting: e.g. moving chairs, tables
To apply: Please send CV and cover letter to Sarah Moriarty, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.